Discussion of Priority PPP Project Proposals to be Implemented in Ukraine
On October 23, 2019, the PPP Agency organized an event for the initiators of project ideas to further select pilot projects, which will be assisted in the preparation of concept notes and feasibility studies.
The event was held in the format of presentations by the initiators of priority project proposals and their discussion, including representatives of international financial institutions.
A lively discussion between the participants of the event, comments, suggestions, and comments of representatives of international financial institutions (World Bank Ukraine, IFC – International Finance Corporation), allowed the PPP Agency to choose:
Priority areas for public-private partnership:
- Infrastructure (transport: airports)
- Health care
- Renewable energy
- Waste management
- Construction and operation of highways
- Production, transportation, and supply of heat
2 PPP pilot projects for which the PPP Agency team could start preparing the necessary research together with the initiators:
- Restoration of the infrastructure of the Regional Utility Company “Rivne International Airport”
- Reconstruction of the passenger terminal of Vinnytsia airport