Webinar on the results of the first phase of the World Bank project “Strengthening the use of public-private partnerships (PPP) for better management of public investment”
On the 21st of July, a webinar organized by the World Bank in cooperation with The British Embassy, the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine and the PPP Agency will take place. During the webinar, the results of the implementation of the first phase of the World Bank project “Strengthening the use of public-private partnerships (PPP) for better management of public investment” will be presented, along with the Public-Private Partnership Manual for Ukraine.
The project is being implemented since November 2019. It is financed from the “Good Governance and Investment Climate Reform” (GGICR) trust fund with the support of the UK Government.
During the implementation of the project, a number of consultations and events was conducted, including:
- The Ministry of Economy of Ukraine was assisted in the development of bylaws supporting the implementation of the new Law of Ukraine “On concession” and the revised Law of Ukraine “On public-private partnership”;
- The Public-Private Partnership Manual for Ukraine in six volumes was created;
- a series of trainings was conducted for the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine, the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine, the PPP Agency, representatives of other ministries and local governments;
- a Communication Strategy for the promotion of PPP in Ukraine was prepared;
- recommendations for further development of institutional capacity in this field were provided.
According to the World Bank, the current legal environment aimed at engaging private business in infrastructure development in Ukraine corresponds to the best international practices, as well as provides transparency regarding the initiation, preparation and implementation of PPP projects.
You can learn more about the agenda of the webinar by downloading it at the link below: