On the 10th of December, the Ministry of Economy in cooperation with the World Bank, by the PPP Agency organizational support, was organized an online seminar on PPP benefits for civil society, media and local governments with information on “The potential of public-private partnerships to improve the quality of life in Ukraine”.
The training event was part of the World Bank project “Strengthening the use of public-private partnerships (PPP) for better management of public investment” with the support of the UK Government.
The seminar brought together about 250 representatives of civil society and local governments.
“The PPP in Ukraine has become one of the most promising tools for attracting investment over the past few years. A number of successful reforms and innovations have been made to bring existing PPP legislation in line with international standards and best practices. The PPP allows to implement priority and socially important infrastructure projects, as well as helps to improve the business climate in Ukraine” said Deputy Minister of Economy of Ukraine Iryna Novikova.
The Deputy Minister also added that an important result of the first phase of the World Bank project is the institutional capacity of public authorities and local governments strengthening in the PPP projects initiation, preparation and implementation.
During the seminar, the World Bank representatives spoke about the PPP potential to improve the quality of life in Ukraine, in particular:
- PPP essence, principles and characteristics;
- PPP benefits’ for the society;
- opportunities for PPP projects implementation existi in Ukraine;
- the role of social institutions in strengthening the social benefits of PPP;
- PPP information disclosure that will allow the public society to assess the degree of private investment alignment with the public interest, compliance with private partner standards of service delivery, and ensure predictability in the planning process of PPP projects, equal conditions for tender bidders on a private partner determination;
- information disclosure in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine.
You can find out information and presentation materials of the seminar at the following link: